Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bemused

Today we learned that President Obama is "amused" when he hears people saying he should become involved in the debt crisis talks:
"If you know you have to do something, just do it. And I have to say, I am very amused when I start hearing comments about 'well the President needs to show more leadership on this.' Let me tell you something: Right after we finished dealing with the government shutdown, averting a government shutdown..."
Er, I mean averting a government shut down...
"...I called the leaders here together. I said we have to get this done,"
This guy doesn't see it as his responsibility? The trillion dollar spender, and he feels he is above it all? I thought he has been pitching that his TARP program, which itself gave the president a chuckle, saved the economy. No? Does he not contend that he needs to stay in office because he still has a lot of work to do?
Obama told Congress it is up to them and "they need to do their job."
Very amusing.
"Now's the time to go ahead and make the tough choices, that's why they're called leaders,"
Well, yes, some would contend that the president should consider himself a national leader.

Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment