Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

AGW listing to the right, yet sails valiantly on

The HMS Titanic of anthropogenic global warming may have suffered some damage in its collision with CRU Hadley, yet she sails onward seemingly unaffected, as Arnold Schwarzenegger blithely points out here. Still there are signs she is starting to list to starboard and is taking on water down under her waterline, as political observers in Australia note here:



“This may be a first: a major political party has dumped a global warming believer as leader and replaced him with sceptic who last month called AGW ‘crap’.”


Meanwhile, Captain AL Gore continues to shout orders from the bridge, apparently oblivious to the damage his vessel has suffered:

"Even if a deal is reached at the UN climate change talks in Copenhagen next week it will only be the first step towards the far more radical cuts that are needed in global carbon emissions, Al Gore, the former US Vice-President, told The Times last night.

Mr Gore said that to avoid the worst ravages of climate change world leaders would have to come together again to set more drastic reductions than those now planned.
“Even a final treaty will have to set the stage for other tougher reductions at a later date,” he said. “We have already overshot the safe levels of CO2 in the atmosphere.”


Where does this guy live? Is he completely isolated and out of touch with reality? Two Academy members are asking the Academy to rescind big AL's Oscar for the now farcically titled An Inconvenient Truth. Let’s hope Cap’n AL and his crew of fellow alarmists soon find themselves aswim and taking a more personal and rudimentary measurement of the ocean's temps.

My guess is they will find it a tad cooler than expected.

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever watch the cartoon the Tick? A few years ago I came up with an idea to stop warming by using giant reflectors to direct the sun away from the ice on the North and South Poles. I said that it seemed like something from the Tick cartoon but I think it could work as well as anything. I have proof as I posted it on someone's blog.

    I have always thought that the earth has been in a constant state of melting ever since the ice age. Were we not once covered with ice? Did not most of it melt? It would seem to me that it is still melting and that eventually, barring another ice age, all the ice will melt.

    Recently I have read that some damn scientists have stolen my idea about the reflectors and are talking of doing it with millions of mirrors.

    If it comes to pass and if it works,I am going to court to sue these muther puckers who stole my idea. If it doesn't work I will remain anonymous.

    I have also predicted that if hydrogen fuel ever becomes common, that the climate will really be messed up. The release of humidity into the atmosphere will cause real and catastrophic climate change.

    But then again, I do not do very well on logic puzzles, so I may just be full of it, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty crafty Kit-Kat, take credit and sue if it does work, remain anonymous if it does not. When it comes to sly, you're way over my head.

    ReplyDelete